New York DMV (ATV, Automobile, Motorcycle, Snowmobile) Bill of Sale
The New York DMV bill of sale is acceptable as a Proof of Ownership for a vehicle (including all-terrain vehicles (ATV) cars, trucks, and motorcycles), manufactured homes (mobile homes), trailers, and snowmobiles. The buyer and seller must fill-in the document and sign. Upon both parties’ signatures the exchange becomes legally binding.
- Within thirty (30) days of the sale the buyer and seller must fill-in and submit the Statement of Transaction (Form DTF802). This form will be used to pay the sales tax which is
- If the vehicle being sold is younger than 10 years and under 16,000 pounds the Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form MV103) must be used by the new owner when registering the vehicle.
- Find Nearest DMV Office
How to Write
The bill of sale should include the following information entered into the highlighted fields either in Adobe PDF or handwritten after printing:
- Sale Date
- Buyer’s and Seller’s Personal/Entity Information
- Description including the Type, Model, Make, Year, and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Purchase Price ($)
- Liens (if applicable)
- Signatures including Notarization (if applicable)