Texas Boat Bill of Sale
The Texas boat bill of sale is to be used to transfer ownership of a vessel from one party to another. The new owner will need the document in order to register with the Parks and Wildlife Office. After entering the details of the transaction the bill of sale should be authorized on the day the item(s) is/are traded for monetary funds.
- The seller will be required to fill-in the Vessel/Boat or Outboard Motor Ownership Transfer Notification (PWD 1340)
- State Laws – 31.045 – Ownership of Vessels and Outboard Motors; Certificate of Title.
Boat Registration Forms
- Bring to a Texas Parks and Wildlife Location
- Boat Bill of Sale – Includes Boat Registration Application (Form PWD-143)
- Vessel/Boat Records Maintenance (Form PWD-143M)
- Outboard Motor Application (Form PWD-144)
- Verification of Serial/Hull Number (Form PWD-144M)
- *Request to Release Lien (Form PWD-403) – *If applicable
The seller will be required to submit the Boat Transfer Notification (Form PWD-1340) within thirty (30) days from the date of sale.