The Virginia boat bill of sale is a contract that legally conveys the ownership of a vessel from one party to another. While writing the bill of sale the buyer and seller should show identification to one another and verify the Hull Identification Number (HIN) through the Virginia Boating Database. Once payment has been made along with the signing of the agreements, the sale is considered complete. Boat Registration Forms Vessel Bill of Sale which includes the Application to Register and Title…
Virginia Bill of Sale Forms
The Virginia bill of sale forms allow for the legal purchase and transfer of a motor vehicle, boat, firearm, or any type of personal property. The sale is complete upon the signature of the document along with the transfer of possession for the items and monetary funds. State Law - 59.1-126. Receipt or bill of sale to be taken by buyer; sales procedures.
The Virginia DMV bill of sale is for the transfer of a motor vehicle from one party, “the Seller”, to another, “the Buyer”. The form must be filled-in with the full details of each party and the transaction/exchange information. It should be completed in addition to it’s attachment, the Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form VSA-5), that must be completed by all vehicles nine (9) years of age or younger. Vehicle Registration Forms – To be returned to a DMV Location Vehicle…
The Virginia firearm bill of sale is designated for any type of gun purchase. According to the State Constitution (Article 1, Section 13) all residents have the right to bear arms for themselves without the requirement of registering the firearm or obtaining a license to own one. All sales are considered final upon the transfer of items along with the signing of the bill of sale.
The Virginia personal property bill of sale is used primarily for the trading of personal items such as a computer, piece of equipment, furniture, or any type of item that can be legally sold. The buyer and seller need to simply fill-in the bill of sale including their full legal names/addresses, purchase price/trade, and the signature of the Seller is all that is required. Both parties are encouraged to keep a copy of the receipt for their personal record-keeping. All sales…
Vehicle Registration Forms – To be returned to a DMV Location
- Vehicle Bill of Sale – including Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form VSA-5)
- Application for Registration (Form VSA-14)
- Application for Title/Registration (Form VSA-17a)
- Blank Check for Fees – See Fee Calculator – See Fee Schedule
- *Vehicle Price Certification (Form SUT-1) – *Only for vehicles over five (5) years old.
- *Power of Attorney (Form VSA-70) – *For any owner of a vehicle seeking to use an agent to negotiate and facilitate the sale.
Boat Registration Forms
- Vessel Bill of Sale which includes the Application to Register and Title
- Certificate if Boat Not Registered – if applicable
- Transfer When Bill of Sale Not Available
- Length Certification
- Sales Tax Payment Form
- Power of Attorney – To allow someone else to handle registration or title.