West Virginia Vehicle/Vessel/Trailer Bill of Sale | DMV-7-TR
The West Virginia bill of sale is a legal document used for the purchase of a boat, trailer, or vehicle between a purchaser and seller.
The following documents should be completed and presented to a Department of Transportation Regional Office:
- Vehicle Bill of Sale (Form DMV-7-TR)
- Certificate of Title for a Motor Vehicle (Form DMV-1-TR)
- Odometer Disclosure Certification (Form DMV-TM-1)
- Blank Check for Fees
- Identification by the Applicant – See Approved Types
- Title from Previous Owner – If no Title is available a duplicate may be applied for with the Affidavit (Form DMV-4-TR)
- *Certificate of Inspection (Form DMV-202-TR)
- *Verification of VIN (Form DMV-1B)
- *Power of Attorney (Form DMV-9-TR)
The following forms should be used to register a vessel with a Regional Office.
How to Write
The following details should be entered into the bill of sale (Form DMV-7-TR) to properly complete:
- Seller’s Name
- Seller’s Address
- Sales Amount
- New Purchaser’s Name
- New Purchaser’s Address
- Vehicle/Vessel Make and Model
- Signature of Buyer and Seller including the Date and Driver’s License No.