Mississippi Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale
The Mississippi vehicle bill of sale is designated for an automobile’s ownership to be transferred from one party to another according to State law (35.VII.5.08). The bill of sale is needed for the registration of the vehicle after the transaction and to provide documentation for both buyer and seller.
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – If the vehicle being sold is under ten (10) years of age and below sixteen-thousand pounds (16,000 lb.).
How to Register
Submit the following forms to the applicant’s Local County Tax Collector:
- Title – From the Seller of the Vehicle assigned to the New Owner. If no title is available, the new owner may apply for a duplicate through the FastTrack (Form 78026) or the Standard Application (Form 78006).
- Odometer Disclosure Statement (Form 78015)
- Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Records Disclosure Form – If Applicable
How to Write
The bill of sale should contain the following information:
- Buyer and Seller Details – Name and Mailing Address
- Motor Vehicle Description – Vehicle Identification Number, or ‘VIN’, is required
- Purchase Price including any payment options
- Condition of Vehicle
- Additional Details
- Signature Area – Only Seller’s authorization is required under law
- Odometer Disclosure (included)