Idaho DMV Motor Vehicle / Boat Bill of Sale – Form ITD 3738
The Idaho Transportation Department Bill of Sale (Form ITD 3738) is to be used for any Auto/PU/Van, Truck, Trailer, Motorcycle, Recreational Vehicle (RV), Mobile Home, Snowmobile, All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV), or Vessel that is located in the State.
- Find a Transportation Department Office
- Odometer Disclosure (Required to be Attached)
- Power of Attorney (Form 3368) – If you would like someone else to handle the buying, selling, or registration procedures of your motor vehicle
- Release of Liability Statement (Form 3858) – Must be filed with the Idaho Department of Transportation within 5 days of the sale. There is a $3.50 filing fee.
- Vehicle Identification Number Certification (Form 3403) – Must be completed by an officer of the law, DMV employee, military police officer, or Idaho licensed vehicle dealer.
The complete details of the transaction must be entered into the bill of sale and once the form is signed the transaction becomes legally binding.
How to Write
The following must be completed to be approved for submission:
- Vehicle/Hull Identification Number
- Title Number
- Length and Width
- Vehicle Year
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Description (if any)
- Odometer Reading – In Miles, Kilometers, or Hours
- Seller’s Information
- Buyer’s Information
- Lien-holder(s) (if any)
- Seller’s Signature
- Buyer’s Signature
Bill of Sale must follow Statute 49-518