Arizona MVD Bill of Sale | Form 48-2004
The Arizona motor vehicle division bill of sale, also known as form 48-2004, allows a buyer and seller to conduct a transaction with one another for a motor vehicle. The form is not required in order to register the vehicle, although it is advised by legal counsel. After the form is filled-in and signed it should be kept in a safe and accessible place for both parties.
- Motor Vehicle – The seller of a motor vehicle, within ten (10) days, must submit a sold notice either online or through the PDF Form (46-8502) and mailing to the following address;
Mail Drop 555M
Title Maintenance Unit
Motor Vehicle Division
PO Box 2100
Phoenix AZ 85001-2100
Forms Needed to Register a Vehicle
- Title and Registration Application
- Title from Previous Owner and signed or assigned to the new owner
- Emissions Test Form – Must have the form required from a locate auto service stating that the vehicle has passed the pollutant requirements. See Emissions Testing History
- Phoenix or Tucson residents will have this document automatically sent from the auto body shop.
- Proof of Insurance
- Blank Check for Fees
- Identification – See All Acceptable Versions