California Firearm/Gun Bill of Sale
The California firearm bill of sale form is a contract used to sell any type of gun between two (2) individuals or entities. Due to California having one of the strictest gun laws in the country, it is best to follow all State Codes to make sure the buyer is qualified to own a firearm.
- All individuals that are to own a firearm in California must obtain a Handgun Safety Certificate, this may be obtained by taking classes at one of the following schools and studying for the test.
- Read this website on the laws of how to conduct the legal sale of a gun in California.
How to Write
The following information must be written in the form for it to be considered legal;
- Buyer’s Information including First, Middle, and Last Name and their Address
- Seller’s Information including First, Middle, and Last Name and their Address
- Gun Details
- Serial Number (S/N)
- Other _______________________
- Purchasing Information
- Price ($)
- Payment Option – Single, Downpayment with Balance due on a certain date, or Downpayment with a promissory note attached
- Condition/Repairs (if any)
- Additional Terms (if any)
- Signature Page
Other California Firearm Forms
- New Resident Report of Firearm Ownership (BOF 4010A)
- Large Capacity Magazine Application
- Law Enforcement Gun Release Application
- Military Assault Weapon Application
- Personal Firearms Eligibility Application