Hawaii DMV (Vehicle) Bill of Sale
The Hawaii DMV bill of sale form, also known as Form CS-L(MVR)40, is a legal document that states the transaction of a vehicle in exchange for US Dollars. All information must be entered including the odometer information (for vehicles under 10 years) and the buyer and seller details.
The seller is required within ten (10) days to notify their county of the transaction through the Notice of Sale on the top of their Title or with the Notice of Sale Form.
How to Write
The following blanks must be filled-in either on your computer or after printing;
- Purchase Price ($)
- Buyer’s Name
- Vehicle License Plate No.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Make and Model Year
- Body Type
- Lien Holder (if any) – Including Name and Address
- Odometer Reading
- Buyer and Seller Signature – According to Statute 5-11-8 all signatures must be witnessed by a notary public.
Vehicle Registration by County
- Hawaii County
- Honolulu County
- Kalawao County – No registration or insurance required
- Kauai County
- Maui County