Alabama MVD Bill of Sale

No rating yet

The Alabama bill of sale form is used for vehicles that are being transferred from one owner to another. The party that is acquiring the vehicle is known as the ‘purchaser’ and the party that is letting go of the vehicle the ‘seller’. Under State law, only the seller is required to sign the form but it is recommended that the parties both do so in the presence of a notary public.

How to Register a Vehicle in Alabama

An applicant will need the following documents to bring to the county tax commissioner in order to correctly register the vehicle;

  • Vehicle’s Title – If you do not have it you may apply for a duplicate with this application (along with the $15 fee)
  • Bill of Sale – including Odometer Disclosure Form
  • Valid Alabama Driver’s License
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Odometer Disclosure Statement – For vehicles less than ten (10) years old and under sixteen thousand pounds (16,000)
  • Blank Check for Payment – Or you may call ahead of time and give your details over the phone to know the fees.