Kansas DMV (Vehicle) Bill of Sale | TR-12
Issued by the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the bill of sale form (Affidavit to a Fact/Bill of Sale TR-12) recognizes the transfer of a motor vehicle between one (1) party to another. The entire details of the purchase and sale should be documented and do not make any outside verbal agreements.
- At the Seller’s decision, they may give notice to the DMV by filling-in the Notification of Sale (Form TR-216) and sending to the following address along with the $10 fee:
Kansas Department of Revenue Division of Vehicles 915 SW Harrison Topeka, Kansas 66626-0001
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Find Division of Motor Vehicle Offices
- Bill of Sale and Affidavit | PDF | Word
- Proof of Car Insurance
- Title – The previous owner must handwrite the new owner’s information and sign.
- Title/Registration Application (TR-212A)
- *If any liens – Lien Release (TR-150)
- *If Out-of-State – VIN Verification Certificate (Form TR-65) which can be obtained by visiting a Station in Your County. The cost is $20.
How to Write
The DMV bill of sale form (TR12) also contains a second (2nd) page known as the Affidavit to a Fact which asks the new owner how they obtained the vehicle.
Fill-in the by entering the following information:
- Buyer and Seller’s Information
- Full Name
- Vehicle Information
- VIN #
- Purchase Information
- Date of Sale
- Signature Area
- Optional – Antique Vehicle Transfer Area
Affidavit to a Fact
The affidavit must state the type of transfer:
- Gift Certification
- One and the Same Person
- Disclaiming Vehicle Ownership
- Title or MSO Assignment
- Vehicle Non-Use
- Relatives of a Member of the Military
- Antique Model Year License Plate