Rhode Island DMV (Vehicle) Bill of Sale
The Rhode Island DMV bill of sale form may be used to transfer the ownership of a vehicle through a private sale from one party, the seller, to another, the purchaser. Both parties should present identification and sign the bill of sale on the date the parties will trade with one another. Upon the parties authorizing the document, it becomes legally binding and the sale is considered complete and final.
The bill of sale is required for registration at a DMV Office.
Vehicle Registration Forms
- Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Odometer Disclosure Statement – For all vehicles under 10 years of age and below 16,000 pounds (lb.)
- Application For Registration (Form TR-1)
- Proof of Insurance
- Title – If vehicle is 2001 or newer the seller must have signed the reverse side
- VIN Check – Vehicle must visit a VIN Inspection Location
- Blank Check for Fees
- Fillable Sales Tax Form (Form T-334-2)
How to Write
- Date of Sale
- Buyer’s Name and Address
- Seller’s Name and Address
- Description of the Vehicle including the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Purchase Price
- Signature Area
The parties are advised to have witnesses or a notary public view the signatures.