Texas Gun/Firearm Bill of Sale
The Texas firearm bill of sale is for use by a buyer and seller to come to an agreement over a private purchase for any type of gun. There are no State laws that prohibit ordinary residents from possessing a firearm (See Concealed Handgun Licensing) and once the bill of sale is signed the transaction is complete.
- It is highly recommended that the document contain the Serial Number (S/N) of the gun.
- Article 1, Section 23 – Right to keep and bear arms.
How to Write
The highlighted fields may be filled-in with the following information to complete the sale:
- Full Legal Name of Purchaser
- Signature (Disclosure Terms)
- Description of Firearms Sold (Up to 3) including: Make, Model, Caliber, and Serial Number (S/N).
- Buyer’s Name and Mailing Address
- Seller’s Name and Mailing Address
- Sale Date
- Signature Area
For identity purposes it is best to verify each party’s identification through their Driver’s License Number.