Massachusetts Boat Bill of Sale
The boat bill of sale is a legal form that handles the transfer of a vessel between a buyer and seller. At the parties’ option, may include a trailer or motor in the sale. There should be full disclosure of the details of the sale as any outside verbal agreement will not hold up in the court of law.
The new owner will need the bill of sale document when registering the vessel with the Energy and Environmental Affairs office.
How to Register
Take the following forms to an Energy and Environmental Affairs Registration Office:
- Pay sales tax online. You will be issued the ST-6 or ST-6E upon successful payment.
- Copy of Hull Identification Number
- Blank Check for fees
- Registration Application
- Bill of Sale – Boat
- Optional – Inspection Request Form – If boat inspection required.
How to Write
The document should contain the following information:
- Date of Sale
- Purchase Price
- Seller’s Name and Address
- Buyer’s Name and Address
- Includes Motor
- Includes Trailer
- Trailer and Motor Description
- Signature Area