The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) bill of sale, Form VT-005, is used to transfer the ownership of a vehicle (including salvage/rebuilt) or a vessel. The form includes the Odometer Disclosure Statement for all vehicles nine (9) years of age and younger. The bill of sale should be authorized once the vehicle/boat has been transferred along with the monetary funds or trade. How to Register a Vehicle/Boat The new owner will need the following documents in order to register…
Vermont Bill of Sale Forms
The Vermont bill of sale form allows for the purchase of a vehicle, firearm, or any other type of personal property between a buyer and a seller. The bill of sale should have both parties' full details including legal name and mailing address (Identification is recommended to verify). Once the form has been completed and both items are ready to be traded, personal property and monetary funds, the bill of sale is ready to be authorized and both parties should take a copy or an original for their records.
The Vermont firearm bill of sale is the only document needed in order to legally transfer a gun from one individual to another. The identification should be presented along with any type of ownership credentials on behalf of the seller. The Serial Number (S/N) should be clearly visible and on the date of the transfer of money and the gun should the bill of sale be signed as a receipt. Both parties should keep a copy of the signed document…
The Vermont manufactured home bill of sale is designated for a buyer and seller of a mobile home in exchange for a check or cash. The document should only be signed after both parties agree to the terms of the sale and the items being traded have transferred possession. Both parties are to keep a copy of the original for their records. Mobile Home Registration Mobile Home Transfer Laws – 9 V.S.A. § 2602. Sale or transfer; price disclosure; mobile home…
The new owner will need the following documents in order to register with a Vermont DMV Office Location:
- Vehicle Bill of Sale (Form VT005) – Includes the Odometer Disclosure Statement that must be completed if the vehicle is nine (9) years old or younger and below 16,000 pounds (lb.). May be any Allowable Type of Vehicle.
- Registration/Title Application (Form TA-VD-119) – See Instructions (Form TA-VD-119i)
- Title from Previous Owner Signed Over to the Applicant – If no Title exists, the Duplicate Application (Form VT-004) must be submitted
- Required Identification
- Blank Check for Fees
- Proof of Insurance – As per Title 23, Chapter 11 §800
- *If Applicable – *Verification of VIN Number (Form VT010)
- *If Applicable – *VIN Assignment Application (Form VT003)
Other Vehicle Registration Forms
Boat Registration Forms